Sunday 6 July 2014

my new skincare routine - enter dermalogica

When it comes to skincare I have tried everything and I mean everything. From cheaper drugstore brands to high end products. I used to have amazing skin. I never suffered with blemishes (maybe one every few months) it was never dry and never oily. This wasn't even because I was using miracle products I was just lucky. Then one dreaded day I changed my 'pill'. Ok ladies, please tell me this has happened to you too? Within 2-3 days of taking it I had really oily skin and blemishes galore. What the ****!!!! I immediately went out searching for new products, the 'miracle cure'. Oil free, anti blemish, promising the world and delivering....nothing? After about 6 months, countless new products and pennies wasted I still had not had a great deal of success. Hmmm. I then found a small light at the end of the tunnel when I tried Proactiv. Have any of you used this? I had been using it for a while and, low and behold started to notice a big difference. Ta-dah! It is quite harsh on the skin as the salicylic acid content is high. So once I had it under control I wanted to wean myself off and try something new that was a bit more nourishing.

Enter Dermalogica - The Clear Start System.

My shiny beacon of light that I honestly feel I need to bow down to! This system is amazing and is really working for me. The great thing is that if you want to try it first like I did you can buy the travel size set from their website for only £23.00 which will provide you with enough to know if this is going to work for you or not without spending more than you need to and wasting it.


This set contains 5 steps to use morning and evening which are all breakout clearing.
Foaming Wash 50ml use AM and PM
All Over Toner 50ml use AM and PM (this is a spray mist)
Oil Clearing Matte Moisturiser 15ml use AM
Daytime Treatment 15ml use AM (hence the daytime)
Overnight Treatment 15ml use PM (hence the overnight)

So all very simple and great size products so that you can give them a really good try without having to buy the full sizes. Which by the way are actually very reasonably priced.

They are all pretty self explanatory really. The foaming Wash is great, which claims to clear away dead skin cells, oil and dirt. It's one of those face washes that after you use it your face feels really refreshed. It contains Tea Tree, Lavender, Camellia and Sinensis which is used to sooth and calm irritated skin and Orange Peel to energise and refresh. 

All Over Toner - I really love this, I have a fair few toners but until now have never tried a spray mist. I like. I really like! The Salicylic Acid and Sesame Seed extract minimise surface oils which then eventually lead to breakouts. It includes 12  botanicals including Argan and Lavender. The added Lemongrass and Bitter Orange help refresh and revive the skin and I must admit smell incredible!
















Oil Clearing Matte Moisturiser - This is lovely to use, ultra light and not at all greasy, great for the T-Zone! It even has the added bonus of an SPF15. This apparently works by botanical oil absorbers which act like micro sponges to minimize shine. I don't know how it does it but it works and that is all that I care about! It is also very hydrating as it contains all the good stuff such as Licorice, Willow Bark and Birch. A new favourite on the bathroom shelf.

Daytime Treatment - Again, self explanatory. I apply after the toner before the moisturiser. This is supposed to help preventing the breakouts before they emerge by breaking up the bacteria and purifying your pores. For a treatment I was surprised at how light it was, a lot that I have tried have been far too heavy to wear under my makeup but my skin absorbed this very well and actually worked as a great base for my foundation.
















Overnight Treatment - The last step in my evening regime. This works overnight to clear congestion and keep the oil at bay. Again, for a treatment, not too heavy. Very silky texture and feels quite luxurious both in texture and scent. All the products smell fantastic, if you shut your eyes you could be in a spa! 

I included an extra in my routine which I use 3-5 times a week. Which is part of the Clear Start range but does not come with the kit. Although you do get a little tester! This is the Cooling Masque. I LOVE THIS!!! If you have an uneven skin tone and because of blemishes suffer with irritation and redness then this is for you! Make sure that you apply to a clean face and leave to work it's magic for about 10 minutes. You will instantly feel it getting to work the minute you apply it. Cooling and soothing the skin on your face. Once you have rinsed with warm water pat the skin dry and apply the toner. I actually noticed a difference with the first use of this and will continue to use this every other day. You will not be disappointed! For 75ml this costs £16.00 on the Dermalogica website.

















If like me you were or are suffering from problem prone skin and are yet to find your miracle cure, I honestly recommend that you give the Clear Start System a try. If you do, I hope like me you notice a difference.

No comments :

Post a Comment