Saturday 21 June 2014

On repeat

I don't know about anyone else but I am a huge music enthusiast. I honestly couldn't imagine my life without it. I was brought up with music, my mum is very into her music and I have followed on in her footsteps. I used to have to listen to it to send me to sleep and i'm not talking lullabies, I'm mean, Tom Petty, Grant Lee Buffalo, Toploader etc... I'm the girl on the tube that plays her music really loud and taps along to the beat and without realising starts singing along (sorry). 

I love discovering new music and for that Spotify is an absolute god send! My library is ever increasing and I have no intention of slowing down! I have a bit of everything and like most genres if you use Spotify then a great way of finding new stuff you like is by the 'Discover' tab. (my favourite) There are four particular songs that I seem to have on repeat at the moment and really love so would be interesting to know if anyone is sharing my love for them.
Banks - Brain. (Jillian Banks) I have only recently discovered Banks and have to say I absolutely love her style of music. A kind of crazy mixture of Jessie Ware, Disclosure and Massive Attack. I have now downloaded her EP and plenty more. I hope you enjoy as much as me :)


Jessie Ware - Tough Love. A new one from the incredible Jessie Ware. I am a huge fan already so anything new I generally love too. This in particular is a new favourite, if you haven't already you should check out her collaboration with SBTRKT, she has done a few with them I also have on my playlist. Enjoy :)


Sam Smith - Safe with Me. Who else discovered Sam Smith through Disclosure - Latch? I did and think that this is when people really started noticing him for his vocal. Safe With Me is from his Nirvana EP and I absolutely love it. So catchy and one that I am not getting bored of no matter how many times I play it:


The Hics - Tangle. Big Fan! This song is a beautiful fusion of electronica, soul and almost classical. This is the first song I had heard from them which I discovered on Soundcloud (listening to Jessie Ware's new tune) and has made me listen to more. They were actually runners up for best breakthrough act at Giles Peterson's Worldwide Awards so I hope you like :)


I love discovering new music so if you think you know of anything I might like then let me know (like I said, willing to add to the playlist) I am hoping to do a music post at least once a month to hopefully give you some inspiration and introduce some lovely music to you or maybe even remind you of a few classics you had forgotten about. Everyone loves a classic...right?



No comments :

Post a Comment