Friday 20 June 2014

Last Days

Well today was my last day at my job...it was a temporary contract so I knew it was happening, but when it happened it almost felt like it had come too soon and made me think. How quickly does time go?? It's funny how we spend the whole week counting down the days to the weekend when in actual fact what we are doing is completely wishing our lives away! Why do we do that? Oh, I remember...weekends are amazing! So it was as last days usually go, surreal. Packing up my desk, managing all my emails and making sure that I had everything up to date for my boss (the boring stuff like expenses). I was really lucky to work with some amazing people that I will miss very much and will definitely be keeping in contact with them and I was lucky enough to receive some lovely pressies!

Beautiful Roses



Honestly the incredible bunch of flowers would have been enough but my fellow PA and HR Manager that I shared an office with got me a necklace that I had my eye on as a farewell gift...lucky girl!

How did I not realise Oliver Bonas did jewellery until I spotted this on my colleague and I absolutely loved it!? I love Oliver Bonas and I love jewellery so why I have never made this discovery is beyond me. You should check it out yourself here, there is something for everyone's taste. Dainty silver pieces, vintage, statement, fashion, beaded....the list goes on. New number one fan right here!! I am a bit of a jewellery addict so anything to add to my collection is always gratefully appreciated :)

Not just one, but two cards!
Cards always make me a little sad, you have your goodbyes from everyone that you have been working with, right there on one card (in my case two!) it makes it all very real when you read through it.

Not helping with the summer prep....delicious though..
The dreaded chocolates, I love chocolate, especially ones that look that pretty. Is it helping the whole 'bikini body' saga? ...No. Do they taste incredible? ...Yes. Problem solved, it would be rude not to.

So that's it, it's all over. What are my plans now...I don't even know the answer to that! What I do know is that I want my next job to be THE JOB. You know, the one that you don't mind getting up for in the morning and the one that at the end of the day you feel as if you have accomplished something in a field that you are interested in. Where you can build your career and work your way up. Is that even possible? I hope so, I have worked so hard since coming to London and feel that I have now got to the point where I have really valid experience that I can put into THE JOB. Right now I am putting my efforts into looking for that perfect role and don't want to rush into anything. I may even temp for a few weeks before my holiday. Who knows, watch this space....

No comments :

Post a Comment