Friday 4 July 2014

Summertime Shopping

The time of year when you are in need of a wardrobe update and can purchase a few things that show a little leg...you got it SUMMER!! I love summer, I love sunshine, I love the beach, I love warm weather! I am pretty sure that I shouldn't be a resident of England considering we may get 2 good months of sunshine?

I have a summer holiday to Greece coming up in a week and a half so needed to purchase the standard holiday clothes...bikini's, flip flops, shorts, dresses etc. Whilst most shopping I did online (Missguided is right up my street at the moment) I managed a couple of purchases whilst out with Alex. Note to self - stay well away from Urban Outfitters. I could take the entire women's section on holiday, I seem to love U.O every season, they never disappoint. I love the style of their clothes, very boho chic but also very pretty and they can be dressed up and down. I was good though and only bought one item, a beautiful white lace jumpsuit. I am a massive white fan this season, I seem to keep reaching for that colour, maybe it's because it looks great with a tan? We may have also treated ourselves to some lovely new sunnies! Alex got a pair of customised Oakley Frogskins which are so nice and I invested in a b.e.a.utifulll pair of new Ray Ban's!!


My lovely Ray Ban's, I don't actually know what they are called but the product number is RB4203. I would have taken a photo myself but Alex may have accidentally picked up mine instead of his this morning...whoops! They were £115.00 and I got them in a Ray Ban Store in Covent Garden. 

I love these sandals, I was unsure of them at first on my pasty pins but now I have built up a lovely tan they look really nice! These are Forever21 and they have a zip up the back so you dont need to spend ages faffing with all the buckles. Probably the comfiest sandals I own and they go with so many different things.

My lovely jumpsuit paired with an Urban Outfitters necklace that I got on sale for £5! Love a bargain!


I finally did it, I have wanted some dungarees, or in this case a dungaree dress in ages! The last time I wore one I was probably about 6. I have always seen them on other people and loved them so decided to take the plunge jump on the bandwagon and invest! A decision I do not regret, my favourite 2014 purchase so far! This one is from H&M and cost about £18.00.



What better way to jazz up a summer outfit than with a statement necklace? I love a bit of cheap statement jewellery, OK it may not last forever but if it only cost you a few quid who cares and you can build yourself quite a collection for really not a lot of money. If you are looking for a few cheap and cheerful pieces then you should actually try eBay, they have quite a few nice pieces on there!

I am still patiently waiting for a few more items to arrive through the post, which actually have a little more colour so as soon as I have them I will share them with you. I am actually a little nervous because I read the confirmation email for the despatch of my bikini's and they said it can take up to 23 business days to deliver. Ooops, lets hope that the courier is on my side and can sense the urgency as I do not have 23 business days! Should probably check delivery time frames next time I guess?

What colours are you reaching for this summer? Do you have any tips on summer styling to mix thing up? Let me know.

P.S - HAPPY FRIDAY! 

No comments :

Post a Comment