Monday 4 August 2014

Laura Mercier - Silk Creme Foundation

When it comes to foundation, you name it, I have tried it. I used to have just one that was great and I had no reason to really chop and change, I may have done occasionally according to season and shade but apart from that there was only a select few. Until that dreaded day when my skin decided to change, for the worse. It was literally like an overnight thing. I went to sleep with good skin I woke up with awful skin. (the joys of being a woman and taking that daily pill - that by the way they changed, which was the reason behind the crazy skin) Every foundation I tried looked shiny and oily within hours and sometimes even minutes of applying. Believe me I tried lots. I went towards everything that stated it would provide a matte finish. No more lovely dewy glow for me. I certainly didn't need it because what I was rocking was wayyy past the point of dewy glow. I couldn't not wear a base because where there is oil there is breakouts and I was suffering with tonnes of them, constantly. If I would get rid of one another would appear. My skin may have been spot free for a couple days in a month if that. I then found a bit of solace in BareMinerals matte powder foundation. Don't get me wrong by the end of the day there was still oil but it seemed to stay put a lot longer and keep the shine at bay a dam sight better than a liquid base did.

Now I have got my skincare routine under control and I am seeing a huge difference in my skin. It has taken about a year for me to really control this. Do I still breakout? Yes, but not half as bad as I used to and I have noticed it is only really happening at that time of the month that us ladies love so much. My makeup is also lasting the day and not quite literally sliding off my face as my skin isn't nearly as oily as it used to be. So with that in mind...back to the liquid base :) 


Hunting for a foundation is so daunting, there are so many brands, then within the brand you have different kinds. Luminising, Matte, Oil Free, Full coverage, Medium coverage, Highend, Drugstore (you catch my drift). Where to start? Laura Mercier is a brand that I love and have always been more than happy with the products so I focused my attention on that and came out from SpaceNK with the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. This base states that it provides a flawless natural coverage. The light-diffusing formula offers light reflecting properties which help with diffusing imperfections. Good start. I got this in the shade Hazelnut Beige as naturally I have a warm skintone and quite olive skin. It is a really great match for me in Summer Months, in the winter I may need to go one shade lighter. As the description states the texture is very silky and creamy and so easy to apply. The coverage is great and depending on how you like it you can build it up. It covered all imperfections and dark spots and gave my skin a really healthy glow without it looking shiny. I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush when I want a good coverage and when I want something slightly lighter I use my fingers. On top I apply a setting powder, because you can never be too careful. (NARS is great) just to ensure the shine stays away and by the end of the day it's still there. Result! So if like me your skin is combination then you may really like this too. If you suffer with very oily skin then it may not be the best for you (you should try the oil free tinted moisturisers - they are the bomb) In my eyes Laura Mercier is a flippin genius, add the lovely ladies full of wisdom at SpaceNK and you got yourself a winner.

Have you like me suffered with up and down skin and struggled with bases? If so you are not alone. If you have found some secret formula I need to know about, fill me in.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12474997/?claim=grtx62dkzjd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments :

Post a Comment