Monday 2 June 2014

What's in my make-up bag?

Hello and happy Monday! I hope you had a lovely weekend and are all ready for your week ahead!

The one thing that I need every morning and couldn't possibly leave the house without and makes me feel and look more alive (especially after a weekend!) is not my coffee (it comes close) but my make-up! I have said it before and I will say it again - I am a beauty product/make-up addict! I could buy make-up everyday for the rest of my life and still find more things that I need (...want) Perfume is also a massive thing for me...I like to have lots at once so that I can chop and change, I use it similarly to how I use my make-up by changing it throughout seasons and day/night. In the summer you want something fresh and light whereas in the winter I like something a little heavier and muskier. As with my make-up, during the day at work, make-up should be more minimal and natural, think less is more! I used to always line my eyes with a black eyeliner top and bottom and a smoky eye and have now realised that a dramatic eye for everyday is not the best look for me.


I now rely on a BB cream for my base - I use the Garnier, in Medium for oily skin. This gives me great coverage and really evens out my skin tone. Sometimes I may use a powder over the top to set it but in the summer I don't like a lot of product on my face.

Garnier - BB Cream in Medium for oily skin

For a blush I use Benefit's Dallas - I love benefits products, this in particular. I used to be a bronzer addict but wanted to sway more to the blush side but keep a bronzed look at the same time...this is a product I was recommended by the people that work at the benefit counter and I couldn't be more happy with it! The perfect combination of blusher and bronzer! They describe it as a dusty sunset plum powder which I think sums it right up.


I only use a small amount of eyeliner now to fill in my upper lash line and find that because I don't use much any cheap black eyeliner, usually by Rimmel is perfect for that. I like to add a bit of colour to my lids - usually with a bit off shimmer. The reason for this is that it reflects the light and opens my eyes up a bit more. I tend to go for gold/bronze like colours as they compliment my skin tone. This Pallet by Burberry is one of my favourites and the wear is great, it doesn't disappear within a few hours of having it on!


My mascara...probably the product I could not live without! My desert island product (Teamed with eyelash curlers!) I was unfortunately not blessed with beautiful long eyelashes so a good mascara and a decent pair of curlers are an absolute must for me! Again I went running to benefit and they did not disappoint, 'they're real!' is by far the best mascara I have ever used and is now a staple in my makeup bag. It really elongates my tiny lashes and really opens my eyes...so to all short lashed girls out there....fret no more, benefit to the rescue!


  White eyeliner...now as a previous lover of heavy black liner I never thought the day would come that I rely on my white eyeliner! It has so many uses though and is such a great product (I also use it in champagne as well) I use it on my waterline to make me look more awake, my brow bone and the inner socket of my eyes to brighten and widen. This again another staple product and you can pick it up for £3 and they last forever!


Finishing touches - My lipstick, I feel naked without it! I just never feel quite complete until I have it on. My favourite at the moment is actually one that Kate Moss has done for Rimmel. It's stays for ages is a really good price and comes in some really beautiful colours. My favourite is shade 05 which is a lovely rosey pink, which I think is perfect for summer and brightens up any look! There is also the matte range that Kate Moss does which again is fab...I use those in winter to battle the forces of the horrible english weather as the staying power on them is great, they literally don't budge! Have you tried these? If not give them a go, I doubt you will be disappointed!


Everyone needs perfume! The perfume I am currently wearing which I adore and think is perfect for summer is Marc Jacobs - Eau So Fresh (the bottle is also pretty impressive!) the reason I love it is in the name, it's such a fresh scent, not too heavy but very pretty and girly without being too sweet :) bonus! I am a big fan of Marc Jacobs perfume but this may be my new favourite! How could you not be drawn towards a perfume with a lid like that anyway???


Is there any everyday products you couldn't live without you think I should try? Please let me know, I love suggestions and am more than happy to add too my collection ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment