Friday 8 August 2014

Rouge Edition Velvet - The best liquid lipstick

I have always loved a matte lip. It has always been my lip of choice. Lipglosses and I just don't seem to get on very well. Combine wind and your hair down and it just turns into a hot mess! Don't get me wrong I like a balm and don't mind a slight gloss in a lipstick but matte just tops them. Not only do they seem to really last I think that they look very sophisticated and classy, ye that's right. I can be classy.



I had heard a few people mention the Bourjois 'Rouge Edition Velvet' liquid lipsticks and had always wanted to give them a go seeing if they were going to live up to the hype and boyyy did they!

This is not a snap judgement, I have put them to a fair few tests and been wearing them for a month or so. They even stayed put after a day on the beach after copious trips for a cool down dunk in the sea, glugs of water and delicious dinners. No touch up needed. Did they fade slightly, yes. (The lighter one more so). But were they still obvious on my lips after 8 hours? Yes. The formula is a joy to apply, layering is so easy without any flaking and the applicator has a pointy nib at the end so can can achieve a precise application.

I got them in the lighter more everyday shade 'Nude-ist' and the incredible show stopping bright pink that is 'Ole Flamingo!'.

Like I said, the Ole Flamingo! lasts a little longer than the Nude-ist but even this colour doesn't fade horribly and patchy leaving a very unattractive outline, it fades evenly not making it obvious that you need a lippy top up.

Left - Nude-ist - Right - Ole Flamingo! (Excuse the untidy swatches)

If you haven't tried these already and like me, love a matte lip then you really should. Bourjois I think may be turning into my favourite drugstore brand. They always seem to get it right from bases to eyes and lips. Their products all seem quite luxurious for drugstore. The packaging is really nice and to top it off so are the products.

Have you tried these yet? Is there any other shades I should try or something else from Bourjois you think I might love? Let me know x


No comments :

Post a Comment