Thursday 10 July 2014

purse friendly eye palettes

I love a good eye palette, I am very much an eye shadow girl and feel pretty bare without it. So you have the beautiful classics like the Naked 1, 2 and 3 by Urban Decay, I love all three. The amazing Bobbi Brown selection (drool) and numerous other high end ones that are so eye catching and stunning you are half tempted to spend your months wage splurging. What if you don't have £30 plus to spend on one each? There are so many out there and I have found a couple drugstore ones that actually I really like, I use on a daily basis and are all under £10. 


First up - MUA | Undress Me Too - The dupe to the Naked 2 by Urban Decay and at a fraction of the price. (Naked 2 coming in at about £36) I have had this a while now and it cost next to nothing! The MUA range is so affordable and while a lot of the products show that they are cheap for a reason this palette is one of my favourites. This includes 12 shades ranging from cool greys, gold metallics and natural mattes. The metallics aren't super pigmented but I use them with a wet brush over an eyelid primer and they don't budge. The downside is that they only have 3 matte shades, Naked, Lavish and Corrupt. They are probably my favourite shades included. It's just a shame that there isn't more. At £4.00 a total bargain for a really pretty selection of colours.



Next - e.l.f. Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette | Texas - Every time I take a trip to the e.l.f website (eyes, lips, face for those of you who haven't heard of it) I am shocked at how cheap everything is. It's kind of like the Primark of beauty. While a few things I have bought from there I really don't think much of  and you're getting what you paid for there has been a few items that have made their place in my make-up bag and will not be leaving anytime soon. I use the eyebrow palette, complete with a wax and shadow. I love it and haven't found anything I like as much. This palette is beautiful and contains ten shadows. None of them are matte but every single one I love. I find with most palettes there is always one colour that I rarely touch. But with this one, I like them all. They actually contain, Jojoba, Rose, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape to help keep the eyes nourished and not dry them out (pretty good eh?). If you use them dry you will get a sheer look, the pigment is not great. For something more pigmented and stand out use a wet brush. For £10.00 exactly I really think it's totally worth the money.




Lastly - BeautyUK | Earth Child - I actually received this in a Love Me Beauty Box and I love the colours (can you tell I am really into naturals?). I have to admit, green/khaki colour on my eyes seems kind of scary so I haven't tried those yet as it seems a bit much for me for everyday wear but I am sure I will experiment soon. This again has cool greys', warm golds/bronzes and some lovely earthy colours (hence the name choice) along with the trusty pure white. I love a pure white shadow, I find it has so many uses. I also think that the shades vary in pigmentation there are some that you barely need to use any product and the staying power is great and others you really need to layer, the silver/grey' in particular. You can pick this up for £3.99 so for the price can I complain? No.



We all love to indulge on beautiful new makeup every now and then and yes, I will be the first to admit I love the feeling of a lovely luxurious, pricey new palette but if you really can't justify that I hope that this may have helped you on your mission to a really nice palette for a really nice cost. If you have any other suggestions for me then please feel free to comment. I am always open to trying something new ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment