Thursday 19 June 2014

Ladies who Lunch - Aubaine

What a perfect way to spend a lunch break on a sunny day, with a lovely work colleague enjoying a lovely lunch on a beautiful sunny day. If you are a Londoner and work centrally then you should really check out this restaurant. Aubaine, it's a perfect shabby chic french restaurant on Marylebone and actually considering the food, the location and the service, it is very reasonably priced and a really great treat mid-week! 


From the moment you walk in you instantly feel comfortable and welcome. The decor is stunning, totally my style and to top it off the first thing you see is a stack of shelves full of delicious, incredible treats. Arranged perfectly...very easy on the eye :)

If I wasn't hungry before, I definitely am now!
I actually felt like the minute I walked in, I had left London and was transported to a totally different place. The staff are great, we were greeted with a big smile and nothing seemed to difficult. The tables looked fab too, very simple but I thought had a great effect. Actually the whole style of the place I wanted to pick up and take home (I got loads of ideas for decorating our next flat Alex!) 

Simple and Sweet Table Decor
I really need to find out where those lights are from!
I love the colours, everything works so well together!!
The menu was definitely to my taste too, it had a really good selection from appetisers, salads, soups, meat and fish. I thoroughly enjoyed the homemade bread to nibble on whilst making my choice.

The silver bucket is is a nice touch, I need to find some of these.
I am a massive fan of fish and actually think I could become what they call a 'pescatarian' which is when you eat fish only and no meat, e.g chicken beef, etc.... don't get me wrong, I love a good steak or a roast dinner but I find that whenever I am out to eat I always seem to select the fish over the meat without thinking twice. Maybe because it's a lot lighter and you don't feel as if you are going to explode after! So yes, you guessed it, I had a fish dish. Sea Bass actually, placed on top of a bed of rocket and a tomato sauce with an asparagus side. DELICIOUS. Honestly, I could have eaten it twice it was so nice and I don't say that often. I think I have become a bit of a food snob and I only have Alex to blame for that! He always cooks such incredible food so I think everything else I eat I always compare to his food, which is unfortunate for all the other food I eat as it has a lot to live up to!

You know that looks good...
The desserts also looked pretty yummy, I was you will be impressed to hear very good though and politely declined (summer preparation and all that). The dessert selection was brought on a board to the table next to us and as mouth watering as they looked I stuck to my guns and said no thank you!


Upon leaving I did nearly crack as I walked past the macaroons...come on, who doesn't like macaroons?

You know you're impressed with me for not having one of these, right?
Overall I would say it was quite the lunch break, I will be visiting again that's for sure. I loved the atmosphere, the service, the decor and the food. I would highly recommend that if you are ever in Marylebone you should really check this place out. Well worth the visit, whether you are with your friends, your partner or colleagues. If you do...have a macaroon for me and tell me if they were as amazing as they look?


No comments :

Post a Comment